Private CTF Guidelines
So you're new to the scene and want to get in on some hardcore
competitive CTF? Awesome! Just remember these basic rules and
you'll be welcome.
- To change team: go to Player Setup in the menu, or open the
console and enter "team 0" for red; "team 1" for
blue; "team 2" for green; "team 3" for white.
- Do NOT join in the middle of a game. This is not public CTF. Instead,
either change team to green if you intend to spectate and not take part;
or to white if you wish to take part after the current game has ended.
- No aliasing: use your well known nickname!
- How to play:
- Make sure you're on the White team. Players on the Green team
are always ignored from the game and cannot switch over to
White during player selection.
- A vote is called to determine two captains for the round. The
captains then take turns to choose players from the white team only.
- If a captain picks you, you must join their team.
- The game will only begin after a 'callvote reset' of the map
chosen. The game can not begin with a 'callvote map mapxx'
command. This is to ensure that all players are familiar with the
map beforehand and have adequate time to discuss tactics using
- The captain with the highest ping is granted first choice. He
may request to have choice of map instead.
- If there is a large skill/knowledge difference between the two
captains (which would result in an unbalanced draft), there
will be a recap.
- There is a cooldown period of one round before you may be
picked as a captain again.
- Players who connect or change team from green to white during
a draft are ineligible for selection until the next round.
- Players who did not get picked in the previous round must be
picked as first choice in the next round. This does not include
newly connected players.
- If selected, players cannot give up their position during
a draft without a good reason.
- You must constantly make an effort to improve, or you will get
left behind. It's private for a reason, and while we want to see more activity
here, we also want to maintain the highest order of competitive play.
- Do you want to be alerted in ZDaemon Chat when there's private CTF
going on? Then join the #euro channel and follow
this very easy image guide to set up ZRC alerts for private CTF.